Find more garden information
The instructions for using Aqua Cones are different, depending on whether you're using them in the garden or in containers.
For the Garden:
1. Take six 2-liter soda bottles and cut 1 inch off the bottom of each bottle.
2. Remove the caps and the rings from the neck of the bottles.
3. Each Aqua Cone is labeled SAND, LOAM and CLAY. Use a nail to punch out the 2 holes that correspond to your soil type.
4. Fill the Aqua Cones with clean sand to within 3/4" of the top.
5. Screw one bottle into the neck of each Aqua Cone.
6. Insert the assembled Aqua Cone/bottle in your garden soil, as close to the plant as possible.
7. Fill the bottles with water through the open bottom.
1. Use six 12 oz, 16 oz or 1 liter soda bottles. DO NOT CUT OFF THE BOTTOMS.
2. Remove the caps and the rings from the necks of the bottles.
3. Each Aqua Cone is labeled SAND, LOAM and CLAY. Use a nail to punch out the 2 holes at the CLAY level.
4. Fill the bottles with water and screw one into the neck of each Aqua Cone.
5. Insert the assembled Aqua Cone into your hanging basket or container, burying the cone up to the neck of the bottle.
Last updated: 10/24/15
Stay up to date on new articles and advice.