Bourbon & Honey Roasted Carrots with Cayenne & Feta
By Andrea Bemis
If I could whip up this side dish for all of our dinner guests all winter long I would. The combination of flavors here is spot on and the preparation is a breeze. This is a lovely side dish for the holiday season and tastes great served alongside roasted chicken, steak, or even topped onto a bowl of cooked lentils and rice for a complete meal. For this particular dish I kept the carrot greens still intact so that guests can use their fingers. These carrots are sweet, spicy, salty and juicy. What more could you ask for in a vegetable dish? I hope you all enjoy this simple recipe as much as we do. Pour a glass of bourbon, clink glasses with your favorite people and enjoy the flavors of the season.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 2 bunches of carrots with their greens, about 3 pounds
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 375F and line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Trim carrot greens a bit if they're out of control. Scrub the carrots of any dirt (no need to peel) and place carrots on the prepared baking sheets.
2. In a bowl mix the bourbon, honey, cayenne and salt and drizzle the mixture over the carrots. Using tongs toss the carrots a bit so that both sides are evenly coated. Roast the carrots until tender and lightly browned, about 45 minutes. Flip the carrots halfway through roasting.
3. Remove the carrots from the oven and drizzle with the lime juice. Place the carrots on a serving platter and sprinkle on the feta cheese, parsley and any remaining juices from the baking sheets. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Use this recipe as a guide. Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary. Cooking times will vary from kitchen to kitchen,
Share this Article:
People who read this article often purchase
Sign up for Email
Get in on the best deals, new products and gardening tips.