Drought Tolerant Perennial Collection, Set of 4
This item is currently not available.
NEW & Exclusive | Easy-Care, Drought-Tolerant Perennial Collection
- Please note: These spring-planted perennials ship by growing zone starting in early April
- We selected these perennials for their reliability and tolerance of dry conditions
- Fill gaps in your garden with these rugged, easy-care plants
- Set of 4 different perennials bring fresh color and texture
- Shipped bare-root for easy planting and fast, healthy growth
Once these plants are established, they perform beautifully and require less frequent watering than most other perennials. The plants are shipped bare-root in a dormant state so they're ready to burst with growth soon after planting. They need regular watering their first season; after that they'll thrive with minimal maintenance and will continue to grow and bloom for many years. The collection includes one each of:
Silver Mound artemisia (Artemisia schmidtiana): Low mounds of lacy, gray-green foliage makes this artemisia ideal for edging a flower garden or pathway. Requires well-drained soil. Drought-tolerant once plant is established. Also called mugwort. Attracts bees, butterflies and birds. 6-12" H. Full sun. 4a-9b. Blooms mid-summer.
Strawberry Seduction yarrow (Achillea millefolium): Clusters of small, strawberry-red flowers with yellow centers bloom atop feathery, gray-green foliage. Compact plant blooms over a long season. Drought-tolerant once plant is established. Attracts bees, butterflies and birds. Use in fresh or dried flower arrangements. 18-24" H. Full sun. Zones 4a-9b. Blooms late spring to early fall.
Brilliant sedum (Sedum): Large, dense clusters of bright pink flowers bloom above succulent, gray-green foliage. A must-have for the fall garden. Drought-tolerant once plant is established. Attracts bees, butterflies and birds. 24" H. Full sun to partial shade. Zones 4a-9b. Blooms in fall.
Walker's Low nepeta (Nepeta x faassenii): Mounds of gray-green, aromatic foliage are topped by loose spikes of blue flowers. Cutting back the spikes encourages rebloom throughout the summer. Drought-tolerant once plant is established. Also called catmint. Attracts bees, butterflies and birds. 18-36" H. Full sun to partial shade. Zones 3a-8b. Blooms late spring to early fall.
- Bare-root plants: Silver Mound artemisia (Artemisia schmidtiana), Strawberry Seduction yarrow (Achillea millefolium), Brilliant sedum (Sedum), Walker’s Low nepeta (Nepeta x faassenii)
- Protect bare-root plants from freezing temperatures
- Made in USA
- Gardener’s Supply Exclusive
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Drought Tolerant Perennial Collection, Set of 4:
I purchased the drought tolerant and bird attracting plants and will only write one review. Of the 8 plants I purchased 3 arrived with new growth and they are doing very well. The other 5 arrived with small twigs and to date (Sunday will be 4 weeks) have not produced any new growth. I really have not given up as yet and am hoping they will produce.
- Was this a gift?:
- Sorry, no shipments to AA,AE,AF,AK,AP,GU,HI,PR,VI
- Faster shipping methods, including Ground, are not available for this item.
- Please provide a physical street address for delivery.