- Elderberries and propolis are a traditional way to combat colds
- May reduce the severity of illness by supporting the immune system
- Elderberries and honey give syrup a pleasant flavor
- Made by Honey Gardens of Vermont
- Choice of two sizes: 4-ounce or 8-ounce
Used at the first signs of a cold, Elderberry Syrup may help reduce its severity. The syrup contains elderberries, apple cider vinegar, propolis and echinacea. Elderberries are high in vitamin C and were traditionally used to promote overall good health, especially during the cold season. Propolis is made by honeybees from plant resins; they use it to seal their hives against bacteria, viruses and molds. Elderberries and propolis are both thought to support people's immune systems and ward off infections.