Jobs at Gardener's Supply
Download our Application for Employment in PDF (portable document format). Print it, fill it out, bring it to an upcoming job fair or return it to:
128 Intervale Rd.
Burlington, VT 05401
America's Gardening Resource, Inc., an employee-owned company, is the country's leading direct marketing source of innovative gardening products.
How to apply: We offer a fun and energetic work environment including: summer bocce games, frequent on-site BBQs, ping pong tournaments, employee garden plots, discounted ski passes, holiday parties, summer picnics and much more! We like to keep our employees in-the-know with monthly staff meetings and entertaining but informative newsletters. We also offer strong cultural values, competitive wages and outstanding benefits — including an awesome discount on plants and products. Interested? Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To learn more about our nationally recognized brand, peruse the Who We Are section of our web site, which explains our brand, product, mission and vision.
Public Relations/Garden Relations Manager
We need a talented, energetic person to lead efforts in public relations and garden outreach. Although this is a full-time position, part-time could be considered for the ideal candidate.
Develop and maintain media, garden industry and other key partnerships, lead our good works and social responsibility efforts, and participate in social media initiatives. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent people skills and writing ability. Must be able to communicate our commitment to gardening and our triple-bottom line of business, employee-ownership and community action goals.
We expect five years of experience in public relations or a similar field, proven success in working with cross-functional teams and demonstrated experience integrating traditional PR and social media. A passion for gardening is a plus.
Garden Center Supervisor
Lead the team at our Burlington garden center, where you will ensure that customers have an exceptional experience, with quality service, merchandising, inventory and ambiance. Work with the general manager to set the strategic direction for the store while ensuring that the day-to-day experience reflects the Gardener's Supply brand. The ideal candidate has at least two years of experience in management and a record of success in a multi-department team. Other qualifications include:
- Four years of customer service experience
- Ability to manage budgets and achieve financial goals
- Good problem-solving, organizational and project-management skills
- Knowledge of horticultural terminology, plant diseases and insects
Passion for gardening is a huge plus!
Customer Service Associate
Part time (30 hours per week) at our Williston garden center. This person will be responsible for ensuring that all customers have an exceptional service experience — from welcoming and greeting customers to the POS transaction and loading of purchases. Qualifications include:
- Excellent customer service skills, including positive attitude, patience and enthusiasm
- Ability to find solutions for customer problems and answer questions
- POS/cash register experience (computerized POS system preferred)
- Some plant and gardening knowledge
Full-time position at our Williston garden center. This person will be responsible for the efficient and accurate flow of product from delivery trucks to the sales floor. Qualifications include:
- Organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to lead other team members in the receiving process
- Two years of experience in inventory-related work
- Two years of customer service experience
- Experience with POS and inventory management systems
- Advanced gardening/horticultural knowledge
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Seasonal positions in Our Call Center and Warehouse
Join our employee family!
- Flexible part-time or full-time schedules
- Evening and weekend shifts
- Competitive wages
- Generous employee discount
- The best customers and co-workers
Call Center: Seasonal positions are through July 12.
To apply, attend one of our job fairs, which are 3-5:30 Jan. 28, Feb. 4, 11 and 18 at our Burlington office, 128 Intervale Rd., Burlington, VT 05401. For more information, call 660-4611.
Warehouse: Seasonal positions are through late June.
To apply, attend one of our job fairs, which are 3-5:30 p.m. Feb. 17, 24 and March 31, at our Milton warehouse, 947 Route 7 South, Milton, VT, 05468. For more information, call 660-3JOB.