Instructions: Coco Mulch Mats
2. For tree trunks that measure larger than 4 inches wide, you will need to enlarge the hole with a sharp pair of scissors.
3. After cutting, place the Mat on the ground around the tree. Use a spade or shovel to mark the area along the outside border of the Mat, then remove the Mat.
4. Remove the soil or grass inside the marked area to a depth of 1/2 inch, making sure the surface of the ground is as level as possible.
5. Replace the Mat. The top of the Mat should be level with the surrounding ground. Fill in any spaces around the border of the Mat with soil.
6. For best results, secure the Mats to the ground with Earth Staples.