Guide to Natural Lawn Care
|It's easier than you may expect to have a beautiful lawn without using chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Start by choosing the right tools, fertilizers and pest controls for lawn care .|
Gardener's Supply has been promoting the benefits of natural lawn care for more than 25 years. We know from experience that you don't need chemicals to have a lush, green lawn. In most cases, a healthy, organic lawn is actually far easier and less expensive to maintain.
With environmental concerns of increasing importance, we recently helped establish a new, nationwide initiative called Safe Lawns. This coalition of businesses and nonprofit organizations is working to promote natural lawn care alternatives, including organic fertilizers and herbicides and biological pest controls, as well as water conservation, environmentally-friendly turf grasses and energy-efficient tools. To learn how your lawn can be part of the solution, we encourage you to read some of the articles listed below, and to also visit the Safe Lawns web site.
- How-To: The Natural LawnHow to build a healthy, thriving lawn from the ground up.
- How-To: Be a Grower, Not a MowerCutting your lawn down to size is good for you and for the environment.
- How-To: Backyard BiodiversityTurn your yard into a haven for many species of birds, insects and animals.
- Tip: 5 Misconceptions about Turf CareMany popular lawn-care practices are based on myths about turf ecology.
- Tip: 4 Ways to Improve Your LawnSimple steps to a greener, healthier lawn without chemical fertilizers or pesticides.
- Tip: Fertilize Your Lawn with Grass ClippingsFeed the soil and fertilize your lawn every time you mow.