Zero-Waste Food Digester
This item is currently not available.
Exclusive | Zero-Waste Digester Handles What Composters Can't
- Dispose of all of your kitchen scraps, including dairy, meat and bones
- Reduce household waste in landfills
- Flat back allows placement against a fence or garden shed
Unlike a composter, a food digester lets you dispose of all of your kitchen scraps, including dairy, meat and fish scraps, bones and bread. Rather than producing compost for your garden, its purpose is to reduce household waste. Materials collect in a perforated underground basket, where earthworms and other soil organisms break them down into carbon dioxide, water and just a small amount of solid residue. Works best in a sunny spot with well-drained soil. May be used for disposal of pet waste, too.
- Low-density polyethylene
- Above-ground portion is 23" in diameter x 34" H; basket is 15" in diameter and 18" H
- Installation requires digging a hole large enough for the basket to be underground
- A small amount of residue will eventually accumulate in the basket, requiring cleaning every few years
- Gardener's Supply Exclusive
- This item has a $10.00 additional shipping charge
- Sorry, no shipments to AA,AE,AF,AK,AP,GU,HI,PR,VI
Customers Also Bought