Scatter Flower Garden
This item is currently not available.
Plant a Colorful and Carefree Wildflower Meadow
- Create your own wildflower or poppy meadow
- Enjoy a summer of dazzling flowers
- Transform a neglected area into a sea of color
The Wildflower Scatter Garden is a blend of old-fashioned wildflowers in a full palette of colors, yielding a spectacular display with plenty of blooms for cutting. Contains 2.3 ounces of wildflower seed.
The California Poppy Scatter Garden is a perfect choice for hot, dry areas. The silky, golden-orange blooms dance in the breeze over feathery foliage, blanketing the ground for weeks. Contains 2.2 ounces of California poppy seeds.
Simply prepare the soil, scatter the wildflower seed, rake it in, and water. In cold-winter regions, sow seeds in April or May. In regions with mild winters, sow seeds anytime between September and April. The wildflower seeds are packed in a resealable canister, along with milled rice hulls to help space the tiny seeds when scattering. Each 8-ounce canister covers 600 to 700 square feet.
Wildflower Scatter Garden contains 2.3 ounces of wildflower seed:
- 18% candytuft (Iberis umbellata)
- 16% baby blue eyes (Nemophila menziesii)
- 16% five spot (Nemophila maculata)
- 12% Chinese houses (Collinsia heterophylla)
- 8% African daisy (Dimorphotheca aurantiaca)
- 8% California poppy (Eschscholzia californica)
- 5% California bluebell (Phacelia campanularia)
- 5% Shirley poppy (Papaver rhoeas)
- 4% bird’s eyes (Gilia tricolor)
- 2% dwarf godetia (Clarkia amoena)
- 2% clarkia (Clarkia unguiculata)
- 2% globe gilia (Gilia capitata)
- 2% tidy tips (Layia platyglossa)
- Plus 5.7 ounces of clean milled rice hulls for ease of spreading
The California Poppy Scatter Garden contains 2.2 ounces of California poppy (Eschscholzia californica) seed, plus 5.8 ounces of clean milled rice hulls for ease of spreading