Organic Egyptian Walking Onions, 10 Bulblets
This item is currently not available.
Organically Grown, Perennial Walking Onions
- Easy-to-grow perennial onions to plant in fall
- A delicious and unusual culinary treat
- Self-sowing onions continue to produce year after year
Hardy, perennial walking onion bulbs are planted in fall. In spring, harvest the young, green shoots or wait for the shallot-like bulbs to appear on top. Either way, you can enjoy the deliciously spicy onion flavor in soups, stews, and salad dressings. Especially tasty when pickled, fried or roasted. Also known as Egyptian walking onions and top-setting onions, the plants grow 18" to 24" tall. In late summer, unharvested topsets cause stems to bend over, effectively planting the little bulbs. If the soil conditions are favorable, the fallen topsets take root and grow into new plants, slowly "walking" across your garden bed. (If you don't want the plants to spread, simply remove the topsets.) Hardy in zones 3–9. Set of 10 topset bulblets (small bulbs).
- Organically grown walking onion (Allium proliferum)
- Ten 1/2" to 3/4" topsets (small bulbs)
- Plants grow 18" to 24" H and spread by self-sowing
- Hardy in zones 3-9
- Plant as soon as possible upon receipt in full sun and well-drained soil
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to Grow
- Profuse Harvest
- Roasting Sauteeing
- Use Leaves Or Bulbs
A gift from a friend these are funky-looking, conversation-prompting plants. Best in firm, not loose soil so they stand up longer before bending over to "walk" and re-plant themselves.
- Was this a gift?: