Organic Egyptian Walking Onions, 10 Bulblets
This item is currently not available.
Organically Grown, Perennial Walking Onions
- Easy-to-grow perennial onions to plant in fall
- A delicious and unusual culinary treat
- Self-sowing onions continue to produce year after year
Hardy, perennial walking onion bulbs are planted in fall. In spring, harvest the young, green shoots or wait for the shallot-like bulbs to appear on top. Either way, you can enjoy the deliciously spicy onion flavor in soups, stews, and salad dressings. Especially tasty when pickled, fried or roasted. Also known as Egyptian walking onions and top-setting onions, the plants grow 18" to 24" tall. In late summer, unharvested topsets cause stems to bend over, effectively planting the little bulbs. If the soil conditions are favorable, the fallen topsets take root and grow into new plants, slowly "walking" across your garden bed. (If you don't want the plants to spread, simply remove the topsets.) Hardy in zones 3–9. Set of 10 topset bulblets (small bulbs).
- Organically grown walking onion (Allium proliferum)
- Ten 1/2" to 3/4" topsets (small bulbs)
- Plants grow 18" to 24" H and spread by self-sowing
- Hardy in zones 3-9
- Plant as soon as possible upon receipt in full sun and well-drained soil
There are no special shipping restrictions or charges associated with this item. For detailed information about our delivery methods and charges, click here.
We're proud of the fact that this item is shipped to you directly from our warehouse in Vermont, by one of our 250 employee-owners. In-stock items are packed with care and shipped within the next business day to ensure prompt delivery to your home and garden!