Felted Wool Trivet
This item is currently not available.
NEW & Exclusive | Handcrafted Felted Wool Trivet
- Artisan trivet protects surfaces from hot pots and casseroles
- Neutral colors complement any tabletop
- Makes a unique hostess gift
Handcrafted in Nepal, where artisans take loose New Zealand wool and felt it into 81 individual balls, which are then joined to create this beautiful trivet. Making felt is a simple process but requires experience and skill to execute to perfection. The process involves carding lengths of wool, separating them into small tufts and layering them. When soapy water and friction are applied the fibers starts to bond. Trivets are made by Nepalese women in a fair trade-certified factory.
- 100% wool felt
- 8" square x 1" thick
- For indoor use only
- Spot clean with damp cloth and mild detergent only.
- Fabric is imported
- Gardener's Supply Exclusive