Avenger® Weed Killer
Fast, Effective, Non-Toxic, Citrus Oil-Based Organic Herbicide
- Kills weeds without causing harm to the environment
- A safe and effective alternative to synthetic herbicides
- More effective than vinegar-based weed killers
- Non-toxic; can be used in areas near people, pets and wildlife
- Visible results in less than 2 hours
- Economical concentrate
- Approved for organic gardening; OMRI-listed
The active ingredient d-limonene (citrus oil) in Avenger® Weed Killer naturally strips away foliage's protective waxy cuticle, causing plants to dehydrate and die. University and independent testing results prove that it is as effective, but faster acting, than leading synthetic herbicides. Compared to non-organic "natural" herbicides that contain vinegar (acetic acid), citric acid, clove oil or fatty acids (soap), Avenger Weed Killer is more effective with quicker results. A non-selective herbicide, it effectively controls a wide variety of weeds and then quickly breaks down in the environment, making it an earth-friendly choice. Economical concentrate; dilution rate varies depending on type of weed. Always read and follow label directions carefully.
- Works in cool and cloudy conditions (as low as 40 degrees F.)
- Does not stain brick, concrete or pavement
- Sprayed areas can be planted within hours
- Made from oranges, lemons and other citrus fruits; has a pleasant citrus aroma
- EPA registered and approved
- Controls most weeds, grasses and broadleaves, including spurge, sowthistle, redroot pigweed, tumbling pigweed, annual bluegrass, shepherd’s purse, common purselane, common chickweed, clover, hairy fleabane, crabgrass, smooth crabgrass, dandelion, whitestem filaree, bermuda grass, bindweed, prickly lettuce, lambsquarters and little mallow. Hard-to-control weeds, such as poison ivy, may require a second treatment.
- Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) listed product. OMRI provides organic certifiers, growers, manufacturers, and suppliers an independent review of products intended for use in certified organic production, handling, and processing
- Approved for Use in Organic Gardening by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) National Organic Program (NOP) Rule
- Approved by the Washington Organic Food Program (WSDA)
- D-Limonene is Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) by the FDA — essentially no measurable toxicity for certain uses
- USDA IR-4 Project participant
- Patented formula
- Made in the USA
- Active ingredient d-limonene (citrus oil) 70%
- Inert ingredients 30%
- 32 oz. concentrate
- Dilution rate varies
- Always read and follow label directions carefully
- Made in USA
There are no special shipping restrictions or charges associated with this item. For detailed information about our delivery methods and charges, click here.
We're proud of the fact that this item is shipped to you directly from our warehouse in Vermont, by one of our 250 employee-owners. In-stock items are packed with care and shipped within the next business day to ensure prompt delivery to your home and garden!