This item is currently not available.
Exclusive | Versatile Clay Pebbles Hold Moisture and Improve Soil Aeration
- Clay balls create a moist and aerated growing environment for roots
- They absorb and retain water, and then release it back to plants
- Reduce watering chores and provide the consistent supply of water that plants love
Aqua Pebbles are made from clay that's been fired at high temperatures, creating a porous material that holds water and then releases it slowly as plants need it. Commonly used in hydroponics and terrariums and as a potting medium for orchids, the clay balls are also ideal in container plantings. Place a layer of Aqua Pebbles at the bottom of a planter, then fill the rest with soil mix. The pebbles absorb and retain water, while also creating pockets of air space. Roots grow down into the pebble layer, where they have access to both the water and the oxygen they need. Our exclusive blend includes pebbles in a variety of sizes to create the optimum amount of air space. They may also be used as decorative surface mulch. 5-quart bag.
- High-temperature fired, expanded clay
- 5 dry quarts
- Pebble sizes range from approx. 3/8" to 1" in diameter
- Gardener's Supply Exclusive