Jobs at Gardener's Supply
Download our Application for Employment in PDF (portable document format). Print it, fill it out, bring it to an upcoming job fair or return it to:
128 Intervale Rd.
Burlington, VT 05401
America's Gardening Resource, Inc., an employee-owned company, is the country's leading direct marketing source of innovative gardening products.
How to apply: We offer a fun and energetic work environment including: summer bocce games, frequent on-site BBQs, ping pong tournaments, employee garden plots, discounted ski passes, holiday parties, summer picnics and much more! We like to keep our employees in-the-know with monthly staff meetings and entertaining but informative newsletters. We also offer strong cultural values, competitive wages and outstanding benefits — including an awesome discount on plants and products. Interested? Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Seasonal positions at our Vermont garden centers
We're looking for reliable, quick learners who are enthusiastic, outgoing, upbeat (no matter what!), flexible and team-oriented. Must be able to thrive in a busy store. Ability to work weekends is a must. Avid gardeners are especially encouraged to apply.
Full- and part-time positions are available at our Burlington and Williston garden centers. Positions include:
- Customer Service Associates: Customer service and gardening experience is strongly preferred.
You must be able to lift up to 40-50 pounds for the following positions:
- Yard Foreman: Must be a strong leader with experience operating nursery equipment; horticultural knowledge is important.
- Campus Gardeners: Must have gardening experience.
- Yard Associates: Must have valid driver's license and experience operating heavy equipment
- Green Goods Sales Associates: Sales experience is a must; basic horticulture knowledge of annuals, perennials and woody ornamentals is important.
- Delivery and Installation Associates: Landscaping experience is important. Must have a valid driver's license.
- Wholesale Associate: Requires good customer service skills and horticultural knowledge.
- Live Goods & Hard Goods Receivers: Should be detail-oriented and familiar with inventory and receiving.
- Cleaning Associate
Accounts Payable Specialist
Join our accounting department as the person responsible for accounts payable for the parent company of Gardener's Supply. Duties include A/P invoice entry, sending foreign and domestic wires, weekly check runs, monitoring of bank reports, and inventory invoice matching.
This person will also process 1099s, monthly use-tax reports and provide backup for other accounting duties.
- Two years' experience in accounting or related fields
- Proficiency in spreadsheets and word processing (Microsoft Excel and Word preferred)
- Excellent customer service skills, both internally and externally
- A high school diploma or equivalent, associate's degree preferred
Provide exceptional service to customers by managing phone calls and e-mail. Manage employee schedules at our Williston garden center. Additional duties include ordering supplies, system reporting and invoice processing. Assist several departments and be a "go-to" person for several key functions.
The ideal candidate will know the Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel. Must have excellent skills in customer service, communication, team-building and listening.
Building and Grounds Supervisor
Maintain the physical grounds at our Williston garden center, including mechanical systems, vehicles, electrical systems, plumbing and irrigation. Duties include repairs, carpentry, light construction and snow removal. Demonstrate safe operations of equipment, set training guidelines, and ensure a safe environment for customers and employees.
This person will also direct our cleaning associate and irrigation specialist. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Two or more years' experience in carpentry, mechanics, electrical maintenance, automotive maintenance and plumbing
- At least two years' experience supervising a team or individual
- Extensive knowledge of heavy equipment, including forklifts, skid steers, large trucks and trailers
- Ability to stay organized, focused and calm in a fast-paced environment
Join our inventory control team and manage orders and maintain inventory levels for all of our products. Use forecasted-demand tools, prior history, and order flow/completion to anticipate and meet our customer needs and corporate fill-rate goals. The Inventory planner will also be responsible for managing the dropship process for all dropship SKUs. The ideal candidate has purchasing experience in a direct marketing environment, as well as international purchasing experience. Other qualifications: a four-year college degree, or equivalent life experience.
To learn more about our nationally recognized brand, peruse the Who We Are section of our web site, which explains our brand, product, mission and vision.